Friday, July 25, 2008

Some Useful Links

This has been a busy week for me, which means little time for writing, so I will use today to provide useful links for telecommuting and ex-pat living.

As far as I am concerned, the best web site for learning the expat leap is Escape from America. It has tons of articles on issues ranging from dealing with tax issues to advice on running your own motor scooter business, and has good country specific information on many of the most popular ex-pat hideaways

Another very good site is from the author of the 4 Hour Work Week, Tim Ferriss. One of these days I plan to do a review of the audio book, which I listened to on my mp3 player. Ferriss has lived in destinations from Taiwan to Argentina, and he definitely talks the talks when it comes to demonstrating how one can live and work remotely from just about anywhere in the world.

In terms of telecommuting/teleworking, the best blog I have discovered is Telecommuting Journal, run by someone known only as Lisa. Lisa scours the web for the latest articles related to telecommuting trends, and has several good articles on the challenges and opportunities brought about by the information age. Best as I can tell, Lisa works from a fairly remote, somewhere in Rural U.S.A.

If anyone knows of any good ex-pat blogs, please send me the links. I have been unable to find any other good telework blogs besides Lisa’s.

A decent public interest groups that advocates expanded telework is The Telework Coalition. If you want some good original research on telecommuting, go to Undress4success.com.

I will post more links as I think of or come across them.

Update:

How could I forget Transitions Abroad?

And I have found a couple of good expat blogs: one in Caye Caulker and one in Seychelles. I will keep looking for more.

No comments: